Changing Publish Links

Hello-

Does anyone have any advice in regards to still providing access to a sheet when turning off the Publish option? Let me clarify the provide access: most users for this sheet only access via the Published view (the link provided within the Publish options), but if we turn publishing off is there an easy way to direct these users to another link in order to still access the sheet?

Thanks!

Answers

• Kelly Gabel
    Kelly Gabel ✭✭✭✭✭✭

You should always be able to use the Share feature to provide access to any sheet, published or not (I assume you are referring to Dashboards since those are the only I'm aware of with a published link).

I would be curious to know, though, if you still need to provide access, what is the reason you are no longer publishing it?

Kelly L. Gabel

Owner/Founder

Tech-Savvy Academy

kellylgabel.com

• Cinda.q
    Cinda.q ✭✭✭✭

I am referring to a sheet with the Publishing options:

I really want to change the level of permissions for anyone that access the sheet via the Publish links, but if I disable the toggle that is on currently and change it to another permission level then I need to provide a different link to the publish users. I am looking for the smoothest transition method since we have the link within various SOPs and communication documents.

• Kelly Gabel
    Kelly Gabel ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Gotcha! I wasn't aware that sheets could be published this way! Is this an add-on feature?

Sounds like I'm going to be out of my depth on this request. Sorry!

Kelly L. Gabel

Owner/Founder

Tech-Savvy Academy

kellylgabel.com