Why does my range change?

Every time I complete a formula the word TEMPLATE appears in my range, but does not appear in my sum_range.

Is that normal?

=SUMIF({Template of Sidewalk Database Module Range 1}, "Completed", {Sidewalk Database Module Range 1})

Answers

• Bassam Khalil
    Bassam Khalil ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Valerie Luna - HPW

Hope you are fine, please read the following article to understand the SUMIF function. and i advise you to use always the SUMIFS function because it works better.

PMP Certified

bassam.khalil2009@gmail.com

☑️ Are you satisfied with my answer to your question? Please help the Community by marking it as an ( Accepted Answer), and I will be grateful for your "Vote Up" or "Insightful"

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Are you making sure that you are referencing the same sheet for both of the ranges?

If so, it is just pulling the previously established name for that range meaning the sheet you are referencing had "Template of" in the name when that particular cross sheet reference was created. You can click inside of the reference and "Edit reference" to change the name if you like, but it really shouldn't affect anything as long as it is in fact referencing the correct sheet.

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!