How do i get a common columnwidth in different reports?

I just need to set the column width of different columns in different reports and sheets to just one common size. How do i do this?

Best Answer

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Eberhard

I hope you're well and safe!

I usually take a screenshot with software that can overlay it and make it translucent and then use that to line everything up.

Make sense?

Would that work/help?

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please help the Community by marking it as the accepted answer/helpful. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Hi Andree,

that might be a workaround, ... nothing more, ... I believe that I'm not the only one who urgently needs the column-width as an manual editable attribute for the columns. The attribute must be already present. I believe only the interface to set it manually needs to be generated.

It would be a very nice feature to have the width of the columns similar to excel, where you can set it directly, ... even though the unit for the width in excel doesn't have anything to do with some SI system, ...

Which software do you use for this overlay-task?

Kind Regards

Eberhard

• I just searched for translucent/transparent windows, ...

what a pity, i can only find it for linux, not for "MS windows"

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

@Eberhard

This might be an option.

Did that help?

Remember! Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it as the accepted answer/helpful. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.