context of a row deleted - no deletion activity is recorded in activity protocol

Hi,

this is strange. The data in one row are deleted except comments and files.

When I look into the activity protocol I cannot see any documentation of deleted data.

This is spooky - isn´t it ?

Another two user told me a few days ago that the work of a half day was last since

entries in sheets have been vanished and cannot been recovered.

Is there any correlation ?? Although I save backups it doesn´t make sens to recover because the work after the recovery moment cannot be braught back ??

Hope you can help

Best Answer

Answers

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Did you check the cell history?

Are multiple users entering data into the sheet at the same time?

• Hi Paul,

yes, there is no entry in the cell history according deletion and yes, we have multiple user

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

I have seen it before where one user can accidentally "overwrite" another user.

If you and I are entering data into the same row not realizing that the other is also there, whoever saves first will lose their data.

• Hi Paul,

the chance that 2 people work at the same incident at the same time is almost 0% here.

So, even though my colleague did enter data and I overwrite them or vice versa there has never been the situation that data disappear completely like it is here.

And why do I find no entry in in the cell history.

I guess we have to check off this as a single prolapse and forget ;-( - right ?!🤔

• Jennifer Schefke
    edited 05/21/21

I am experiencing the same issue. 3 times in the last week we have had entire rows of data deleted. Unlikey that we had users updating the same row and the entire row data was deleted which after 6 months using this sheet has never happened even by accident. Even more strange, one of the users that shows deleting the data in the activity log was not even at her computer at the time. Anybody have any insight on this? Also want to note that the data can be recovered in the cell history so it was in the cell and saved previously.