report gantt chart

I have clicked on the set up Gantt chart on report so that when it opens it opens to today date but it still opens to the start of project? Please advise

Donna Allen

Answers

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin

Hi @Donna Allen

Are all of your tasks in the future? Or, are all of your tasks in the past?

If there are no tasks that span over the current date and all the tasks in the Report have future dates, then the Report will open to your first task date in Gantt View.

In the same way, if all the tasks are in the past then the Report will once again open to the beginning of the whole project instead of "today".

However if you have some tasks in the past and some tasks in the future it should open to today. Does that make sense?

Let me know if this was the issue! Otherwise, it would be helpful to see a screen capture of your Report, but please block out any sensitive data.

Cheers,

Genevieve

• The tasks are in the past and future. Plan started in Jan and ends in Oct but gantt on report opens up in Jan

Donna Allen

• Genevieve P.

Hi @Donna Allen

Thank you for the screen captures! It looks like this is a Report embedded in a Dashboard using the Report Widget, is that correct?

There's currently a known issue specific to the Report Widget where the Gantt view doesn't open to Today. Our team is working on a fix, but we don't have an ETA for when it will be updated.

In the meantime, you could Publish the Report (see here) and then embed it using the Web Content Widget (see here) instead.

Let me know if that works for you!

Cheers,

Genevieve

• If I Publish will the public be able to see it

Donna Allen

• Genevieve P.

Hi @Donna Allen

If you provide users with the publish URL, then yes, anyone can view it.

However if you just use the URL to embed the content into a Dashboard, then only the users that have access to the Dashboard will be able to see it. Does that make sense?

Cheers,

Genevieve