Including only NETWORKDAYS in Aging

Looking for some help finding the aging for ticket resolution, in workdays. I can't seem to find a workable solution to add to my working formula below, which finds the count between either Today's date and the Created date OR Created and Closed dates.

Any tips? Thank you!

=IF(Closed@row = "", TODAY() - Created@row, Closed@row - Created@row)

Best Answer

• Cody Holmes
    Cody Holmes ✭✭✭✭
    edited 04/21/21 Answer ✓

The NETWORKDAY() and NETWORKDAYS() functions are what you are looking for. The first will add one to the calculation if the start date (or today in your case) falls on a weekend. The second does not. I always find the second function to be more useful. I have implemented the NETWORKDAYS() into your formula. See below:

=IF(Closed@row = "", NETWORKDAYS(Created@row, TODAY()), NETWORKDAYS(Created@row, Closed@row))

If this resolves your question, accept my solution as an answer and give me a vote up! Let me know if that works or not.

Answers

• Cody Holmes
    Cody Holmes ✭✭✭✭
    edited 04/21/21 Answer ✓

The NETWORKDAY() and NETWORKDAYS() functions are what you are looking for. The first will add one to the calculation if the start date (or today in your case) falls on a weekend. The second does not. I always find the second function to be more useful. I have implemented the NETWORKDAYS() into your formula. See below:

=IF(Closed@row = "", NETWORKDAYS(Created@row, TODAY()), NETWORKDAYS(Created@row, Closed@row))

If this resolves your question, accept my solution as an answer and give me a vote up! Let me know if that works or not.

• Thanks @Cody Holmes - I was able to copy/paste directly from your solution and finally no errors! What a relief. Looks like I had placed NETWORKDAYS into the wrong spots.

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!