Can you create a short cut from one sheet to a specific row on another?

Rich Stowell
Rich Stowell ✭✭✭✭✭
edited 08/24/22 in Smartsheet Basics

Our project plans (main sheet) need to have connections to both a RAID log (supporting sheet) and / or to a RICE-FW log (supporting sheet). We do have links to cells on the main sheet for key data from the supporting sheet but we also need the ability to go to the particular supporting sheet to

a) see more detail of the issue/c AND

b) make updates to the Log that will flow back to the project plan.

Using the cell links does not allow for update of the linked cell from the main sheet

Best Answer

Answers

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin

Hi @Rich Stowell

Each row has a specific row link that you can access through the Row Menu, then the bottom "Properties..." option:

This will bring up a pop-up window with the specific Row Link that you can use as a hyperlink in your Main Sheet.

However there is no way to get this row URL by using a formula or cell-link. You would need to manually grab the row information and paste it into your master sheet.

As an alternative, what about creating a Report to consolidate your data? A report would let you see all three sheets side-by-side, and you can make updates directly into the cells which will update the underlying sheet.

I hope this helps!

Cheers,

Genevieve

• Rich Stowell
    Rich Stowell ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Genevieve P ,

I am aware of this but I was looking for something that I could automate, Thanks.