Why is my webform link not displaying properly on mobile devices?

I have a webform link on a website for subscribers to enter their contact details. It appears to work fine on a PC or tablet but does not display properly on a mobile device. (See attached screenshot) This should be displaying the form not an advert for Smartsheet!

Can anyone help?

Answers

• Hey @TeeM,

I can confirm that this is expected behavior. When opening any type of Smartsheet Item via Mobile App (Android/iOS) it does require to be signed into an account. If the Users do not have a Smartsheet Account, I recommend having them open the Form via Mobile Web Browser (which will not require a login unless specified within your Form Settings). We don't currently have the ability to access Smartsheet Items via Mobile App without logging into an account, but you may submit an Enhancement Request via this form for our Product Team to consider for development. We appreciate your input!

We typically communicate about new or improved features once they've been released. Depending on the nature of the changes, we announce through email, in-product messaging, or via announcements here at the Smartsheet Community.

At any time, you can see a list of past updates in our Release Notes(https://www.smartsheet.com/release-notes) on the Smartsheet website. If you'd like to help us further improve Smartsheet with ideas on how Smartsheet could be better, or have other users vote for this functionality, please contact us here: https://app.smartsheet.com/b/form?EQBCT=739aa75f30ca43a8a22eb53e4da7d409

I hope this helps!

Jaykel

• TeeM
    TeeM ✭✭✭

Hello Jaykel,

From your answer it appears that Smartsheet webforms are not a suitable platform for subscribers to sign up to a campaign or anything via mobile. If this is correct, it severely limits the usability of Smartsheet.

At least 50% of our website traffic is via mobile devices and the majority of the consumers would have no use for Smartsheet themselves.

This is very disappointing unless I am missing something?

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi Terry, @TeeM

I hope you're well and safe!

I think you and Jaykel are talking about different things.

To clarify.

As long as they don't have the Smartsheet Mobile App installed, it will work as you'd expect.

Make sense?

Would that work/help?

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic weekend!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please help the Community by marking it as the accepted answer/helpful. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• TeeM
    TeeM ✭✭✭

Hello Andre,

Great to hear from you again.

I have a problem with this.

1) I can't check if its working or not as I have the app on my phone.

2) If any potential subscriber has the app then they are going to have this problem.

Many thanks and I will be glad of any other comments

Regards,

Terry

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@TeeM

Likewise!

You can test it if you manually copy the link and past It in a private/incognito window in the browser instead.

If the subscriber has the app, it probably wouldn't be a problem because they use it, so they are logged in already.

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• TeeM
    TeeM ✭✭✭

@Andrée Starå

Many thanks once again for your help.

It is disappointing that there is not a more seamless transition. It should be a simple operation to enter your details without getting Smartsheet marketing in your face. If I was filling out an online form for a business I wouldn't want to have to log in to an additional portal. That is not a good user experience IMO.

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@TeeM

You're more than welcome!

Yes, I can agree that there should be an option to access it even if they have the app.

Please submit an Enhancement Request when you have a moment.

Remember! Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it as the accepted answer/helpful. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!