Google Site search function in embedded smartsheet

I have a google site where I embed different smartsheets on different pages. So, in gSite page 1 I embed smartsheet 1, in page 2 I embed smartsheet 2 and so on. The google site offers me a search function that allows me to find words in the different gSite pages, but this search function cannot search inside the content of the embedded smartsheets.

Is there a way that the google site search function also searches into the embedded smartsheets?

Is there any plug-in/extension that I would need to install to allow such functionality?

As I can embed them as iFRAMEs, is there a way to add some code on the iFRAME that I'm linking to allow me to access the gSite search functionality?

Any feedback or idea about that it will be highly appreciated!

Best Answer

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin
    Answer ✓

Hi @Josue Torres Muratet

No, I don't believe that the Google Site webpage will be able to recognize text in your embedded item, whether that item is from Smartsheet or from another site. You would need to add a description (such as in a Text Box) along with the embedded item in order for the Site's search to pick up on your key text. See this post in Google's community, here, where the comment states "Google Sites does not offer a search that indexes embedded content."

As an alternative, you could use your browser's search functionality (see: Search the web on Chrome) to search that current page (by using Command + F on a mac or Ctrl + F on windows).

Or, if you're within the embedded Smartsheet item, you can use Smartsheet's search function (again, by using Command + F on a mac or Ctrl + F on windows, see here: Keyboard Shortcuts).

Since this has to do with Google Site's functionality, you may want to provide your feedback to Google about their search options.

Cheers,

Genevieve

Answers

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin
    Answer ✓

Hi @Josue Torres Muratet

No, I don't believe that the Google Site webpage will be able to recognize text in your embedded item, whether that item is from Smartsheet or from another site. You would need to add a description (such as in a Text Box) along with the embedded item in order for the Site's search to pick up on your key text. See this post in Google's community, here, where the comment states "Google Sites does not offer a search that indexes embedded content."

As an alternative, you could use your browser's search functionality (see: Search the web on Chrome) to search that current page (by using Command + F on a mac or Ctrl + F on windows).

Or, if you're within the embedded Smartsheet item, you can use Smartsheet's search function (again, by using Command + F on a mac or Ctrl + F on windows, see here: Keyboard Shortcuts).

Since this has to do with Google Site's functionality, you may want to provide your feedback to Google about their search options.

Cheers,

Genevieve

• Hi @Genevieve P ,

Thanks a lot for your feedback, it has been very useful.

I have also seen that according to the post in the Google's community, this search in embedded content is not supported in the new version of Google Sites, but I could not find if this was supported in the classic version of Google Sites. So, perhaps an option would be to comeback to the classical Google Sites.

Kind regards,

Josuè