I would like a chart in a dashboard show the sum value in the summary line of a report

Hi everyone.

I have reached the max on a sheet leaving me to archive it and creating a new one.

Once I have done this, I want both sheets on my report and from there sum the values and then portray that value in a chart on a dashboard. Currently the dashboard shows the chart from each sheet, not the sum of both sheets.

How can I get the sum to show?

Thanks

Answers

• Have you tried creating a report that includes data from each of the sheets? If you can get it into one report, you can get it into one widget on the dashboard.

• Hi Clydene

The data from both sheets are in a report and I have the summarize feature turned on to sum for all of the values I would like in the chart. However, once I bring the chart feature up with the source from the report, it brings up two charts, not the sum from both sheets

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin

Hi @Tracy Ashton

Would you be able to post a screen capture of your source data and the chart as it's displaying on the Dashboard? (But please block out sensitive data).

When you say two charts, do you mean two bars within the same chart?

Thanks,

Genevieve

• I want all three sheets (2 archived and one current to merge into one chart since its all the same info in the report

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin

Hi @Tracy Ashton

Are the values in your Source for this Chart grouped together? So if you have "Entry Total for week 1" on both sheets, those rows should appear next to each other in the Report, then you can use Summary to create a total so they appear as one bar (is this what you were looking to do?)

Could you post a screen capture of the source Report? I'll try to replicate what you're seeing; it may be that we can toggle one of the settings in the Chart to adjust how it's being displayed. You could also take away the Sheet Name column from the Report, so it won't be used as the X Axis.

Thanks!

Genevieve