Count If Current Week

Options

Answers

• Sunny Kaul
    Options

I tried that, but since it's with 2 different organizations, it does not allow me to share permissions.

Could you please help me with the steps, in case if I'm doing something wring

• Sunny Kaul
    Options

I'm the owner of 2 Smartsheet accounts ending with crawco.com & smarter.com. and I'm trying to copy sheets and reports with formulas from crawco.com account to smarter.com

• Sunny Kaul
    Options

Do I have to re-create all the formulas in the new account? :(

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Sunny Kaul Unfortunately you are going to end up having to recreate everything.

• brhea110891
    brhea110891 ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Going back to the question about getting a count of all entries for this week... I also want to make sure this formula works year to year and that if their are blanks the formula still works. I was trying your SUMIF formula, but I think I am getting my ranges mixed up... I have the helper column "WeekNumber" and the date entry column is "Day 1 Date" This is what I have so far and it is not working... Can you help identify where my error is? Thank you

This worked: =COUNTIFS(WeekNumber:WeekNumber, =WEEKNUMBER(TODAY()))

How do I change this into a formula that accounts for blanks and works year to year?I could not get the SUMIF formula to work

=SUMIF(Day 1 Date:Day 1 Date; AND(IFERROR(WEEKNUMBER(@cell), 0) = WEEKNUMBER(TODAY());IFERROR(YEAR(TODAY())); _)

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@brhea110891 If I understand you correctly... You want to count how many dates fall within the current week of the current year. If that is the case, you are actually pretty close with your SUMIF formula, but we will want to change it to a COUNTIFS, add the square brackets around the column names, finish out the YEAR portion, and remove that last "range".

=COUNTIFS([Day 1 Date]:[Day 1 Date]; AND(IFERROR(WEEKNUMBER(@cell); 0) = WEEKNUMBER(TODAY()); IFERROR(YEAR(@cell); 0) = YEAR(TODAY())))

• Yahaira Paredes
    Options

Good day everyone,

I have a similar question, but I'm trying to count the salescalls from Last week, I was using:

=COUNTIFS({Pipeline Range 1}, "2 - Upselling", {Pipeline Range 1}, "4 - Lead Generation", WEEKNUMBER(TODAY(-1){Pipeline Range 3})

But it returns "#UNPARSEABLE". Could you please let me know where I am doing it wrong?

This is the report where I am pulling the info.

Thank you very much in advance,

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin
    edited 11/02/22
    Options

Hi @Yahaira Paredes

A COUNTIFS structure wants the {range} listed first and then the "Criteria" after it. In your instance, this means the WEEKNUMBER function needs to appear after the range listed.

I also see you have 2 criteria for your Lead Type. You'll want to use the OR function in this case, so it looks for either of your options.

Try something like this:

=COUNTIFS({Pipeline Range 1}, OR(@cell = "2 - Upselling", @cell = "4 - Lead Generation"), {Pipeline Range 3}, IFERROR(WEEKNUMBER(@cell), 0) = WEEKNUMBER(TODAY(-1)))

Cheers,

Genevieve

• Yahaira Paredes
    Options

Good day Genevieve!

Thank you for your help. Unfortunately, formula still shows zero. Am I missing something else?

• Genevieve P.
    Options

Hi @Yahaira Paredes

Apologies, I just read your formula requirements again and see that you want "last week" as the criteria.

The previous formula was looking for "yesterday's" week number. Try this instead:

=COUNTIFS({Pipeline Range 1}, OR(@cell = "2 - Upselling", @cell = "4 - Lead Generation"), {Pipeline Range 3}, IFERROR(WEEKNUMBER(@cell), 0) = WEEKNUMBER(TODAY()) - 1)

• Yahaira Paredes
    Options

Hi @Genevieve P. !

It worked!! thank you very much for your help.

• Lisa Suong
    Options

Hi There,

Hoping someone can help with a formula.

I'm trying to create a sheet summary where it counts the number of lines created under the 'SETUP (WC)' column for the week we're in.

• Genevieve P.
    Options

Hi @Lisa Suong

Try something like this:

=COUNTIFS([Week Number]:[Week Number], WEEKNUMBER(TODAY()))

This counts how many rows have today's week number listed in the Week Number column.

Cheers,

Genevieve

• Lisa Suong
    Options

Hi @Genevieve P.

That woked, however, the result is showing up as '0'.

Is there a way it can count the week number and sum up?

Thank you

• Genevieve P.
    Options

Hi @Lisa Suong

Today's week number is 9

It sounds like you may not have any rows in your sheet with a Week Number of 9, is that possible? To test this, add a Filter to your sheet using the Week Number column.

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!