Smartsheet Automations not saving changes

Hello All, I have automation in place already. I am changing the triggers and once I do and then save them, when I reopen the automation workflow it reverts it back to what it was before. I am the sheet owner as well. Any info would be a great help. I'm hoping I don't have to delete the automation and make a new one.

Existing automation

Changed automation

After I change it then I click save and it refreshes. When I open it again it opens as the old automation.

Answers

• Debbie Sawyer
    Debbie Sawyer ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Have you many browser tabs open? Sometimes there are refreshing issues if multiple browser tabs are open.

Also which browser are you using? Some browser versions are unsupported and could possibly cause this sort of issue.

• Hello, Debbie thank you for the reply. I did have 10 tabs open. I tried again this morning just having 1 tab open, it still didn't save it. I am using google chrome.

• Debbie Sawyer
    Debbie Sawyer ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Goodness, that is so odd! I've not come across this before. You say you own the sheet? You are fully licensed? Not on a trial license? (clutching at straws!!)

• Debbie Sawyer
    Debbie Sawyer ✭✭✭✭✭✭

I'd be happy to zoom quickly and watch you edit the workflow and see if I can spot what is going on? My email is debbie.sawyer@smarterbusinessprocesses.com

• Yes, I am the owner of the sheet as well as the smartsheet account. I'm stumped I just don't want to have to delete and make all the automation over again.

• Hi Jeff and Debbie,

I am having the exact same issue and it is very frustrating. I have automations to remind people when items are due and late and additional caveats not remind if certain criteria are met, but I keep having to go back and re-enter and people are getting notified in error and becoming quite frustrated.

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin

Hi @Brittney Sherman

It sounds like this may be an issue best addressed directly with Smartsheet Support in a private channel; please fill out this form here, providing them with information such as what browsers you've tried, if this happens when you create a clone of the workflow and edit the copy, if it happens on other sheets, the current sheet URL, and (if possible) a screen recording of the changes not being saved.

Thank you!

Genevieve

• Debbie Sawyer
    Debbie Sawyer ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@Brittney Sherman I would second Genevieve's comment. I'm afraid Jeff didn't take up the offer of the zoom (which is no problem!!) and I haven't experienced this for myself, so Smartsheet Support would be the best port of call.

Good luck sorting it out and if you do discover what causes this issue, I'd love to know so that we can help people out in the future.

Kind regards

Debbie