Salesforce multi select picklist

Inayat Khan
Inayat Khan ✭✭
edited 06/14/22 in Add Ons and Integrations

Hi, I am trying to create a Workflow between Salesforce and Smartsheet and have mapped few multi-select picklists. When trying to sync data I am getting an error message. ( Smartsheet REST exception occurred. Error code: 1235. Error Message: Value is not supported for this column type. Use objectValue instead.) , I am just wondering if anyone used a Multi-select picklist to sync data, is there any best practice to follow. Thanks in advance.

Best Answer

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin
    Answer ✓

Hi @Inayat Khan

Currently the Salesforce Connector only supports single-select drop-downs, which is why you're receiving this error. If you change your column types to be single-select this should resolve the issue.

It would be helpful for our Product team to know about your use-case for multi-select columns and the connector; if you have a moment, please fill out this feedback form here. You may also want to register to receive notifications from our Release Notes page so you can be notified if the connector is updated to have this functionality.

Thank you!

Genevieve

Answers

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin
    Answer ✓

Hi @Inayat Khan

Currently the Salesforce Connector only supports single-select drop-downs, which is why you're receiving this error. If you change your column types to be single-select this should resolve the issue.

It would be helpful for our Product team to know about your use-case for multi-select columns and the connector; if you have a moment, please fill out this feedback form here. You may also want to register to receive notifications from our Release Notes page so you can be notified if the connector is updated to have this functionality.

Thank you!

Genevieve