Dynamic View Display Formats

Jim Rood
Jim Rood ✭✭✭✭
edited 06/14/22 in Add Ons and Integrations

I am using the Modified column to capture the date/time a row was last updated. In the sheet it displays in an easily understandable format, 05/23/21 3:24 PM. That format remains consistent in the report based on the sheet as well. My Dynamic View uses the report as its source yet the time displays in a system format which has cause some users to comment and suggest a simpler format. I've tried the Show/Hide formatting button but it has no impact on this field. Am I missing something?

Also, is there a way to define a column width and pin it? It seems to default to a set width per column every time I open a new browser window. Thanks in advance for any help or suggestions.

Best Answer

• Jim Rood
    Jim Rood ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

I developed my own workaround for this problem using a formula. Since I have another sheet where all my users are listed, I was able to combine the Modified and Modified system columns to display in a single column.

Here's the formula:

=IFERROR(INDEX({5-6 S2-CORE - Employees in SCR Preferred Name}, MATCH([Modified By]@row, {5-6 S2-CORE - Employees in SCR Email Import}, 0)), [Modified By]@row) + " on " + DATEONLY(Modified@row) + " at " + MID(Modified@row, FIND(" ", Modified@row) + 1, FIND(":", Modified@row) - 1)

Answers

• Jim Rood
    Jim Rood ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

I developed my own workaround for this problem using a formula. Since I have another sheet where all my users are listed, I was able to combine the Modified and Modified system columns to display in a single column.

Here's the formula:

=IFERROR(INDEX({5-6 S2-CORE - Employees in SCR Preferred Name}, MATCH([Modified By]@row, {5-6 S2-CORE - Employees in SCR Email Import}, 0)), [Modified By]@row) + " on " + DATEONLY(Modified@row) + " at " + MID(Modified@row, FIND(" ", Modified@row) + 1, FIND(":", Modified@row) - 1)