Adjusting start and finish dates in Calendar App

Matthew Drag
Matthew Drag ✭✭✭
edited 06/14/22 in Add Ons and Integrations

The start date in the details section is available for update but the finish date is not. I do have dependencies set for these since we are using resource management on the source sheet. I can change the start date and the duration, but I can't make the start date begin after the finish date. There may be times when soemting gets delayed and needs to be pushed out further.

How can I do the following in the details screen without going to the source sheets:

1: Change the finish date

2: Change the start date to begin after the finish date if the task has been delayed.

Answers

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin

Hi @Matthew Drag

The way to adjust an End date in the Calendar App is to change the Duration. Then, open up the task again and change your Start date to be the actual start date (and adjust the duration back to the original length).

For example, if you wanted your task in the image above to start on June 22nd, change the Duration to be anything that would cause the task to end after June 22nd (for example, 10d). Then you can change the Start to June 22nd and revert the Duration back to 3d, which will give you the correct End date of June 24th.

Otherwise, you may want to go directly to the source sheet to change your timeline and Gantt view.

Cheers,

Genevieve