Calendar App - Multi-Select Field with Filter

Hello all,

I'm looking for a way to be able to utilize a filter on multi-select so that it incorporates the relevant datapoints. However when we do the grouping, it effectively creates grouping by groups and effectively miscategorizes the information.

Example: We are using the calendar app for a launch calendar that we need to filter by a Geo Field where we have a multi-select filter with all countries listed. If I have two rows that have three multi-select values (US, CA, UK), and create a filter where GEO has any of US, neither row will be displayed.

Is there any suggestion on how I can fix the above?

Answers

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin

Hi @Robert Campbell

Would you be able to post screen captures of what you're describing? The Calendar configuration, the full Calendar display, the filter you're creating, and the resulting Calendar display when you apply that filter (but please block out any sensitive data!)

Since you're using a Multi-Select column, the Calendar will read each cell's possible combinations as unique scenarios. This means that if you Group by this column, one Group will be "CA", one group will be "US & CA", etc. However, you should still be able to apply a filter that sees if the cell has any of these values, as you mentioned.

This should then display any row where "CA" is selected, whether that's on its own or with other values.

See my example with slightly different values:

See the Calendar App Help Article for more information.

If this isn't what you're seeing, it would be helpful to know more about your set-up. Thank you!

Genevieve

• Sure! Here is my sandbox data set to define the problem:

Here is my calendar:

And here are my filters:

My expectation is with Multi-select, I shuold be able to select UK and have the pivot on Launch GEO also account for those where UK exists in the larger grouping - however, this is not happening, and it's removing those where UK is part of a larger group.

Any ideas?

• Here is the result of applying that filter. As you'll see, it excluded those bottom four who have UK as part of their grouping.

• Somehow, it fixed itself! We are good.

Thank you!

• Genevieve P.

Hi @Robert Campbell

I wasn't able to replicate what you were seeing so I'm glad to hear that! Thanks for letting me know.

If this happens again, please reach out to Support as this isn't expected behaviour.

Cheers,

Genevieve

• J Chalk
    J Chalk ✭✭

@Robert Campbell and @Genevieve P. -

I am having this same issue with one of my multi-selects but not the other. Help!

Working field: Region - Multi select with 6 options

I can create a filter looking for one of these options and it provides back ALL the rows that contain it

It will return an item that has both AMER and WW CMCL AMER:

Broken field: Cohort - Multi select with all permutations in the filter dropdown.

When I input DevOps in the filter...it does NOT pick up all the others that have more than one.

• Genevieve P.

Hi @J Chalk

I'm unable to replicate what you're seeing, my multi-select columns and filters work as expected.

Is it possible that the filter works differently than you want it to? Keep in mind it's an AND statement between the two columns, so Email Type will need to have one of the values selected AND Cohorts will have to have "DevOps" as well. Were you looking to see an OR statement instead?

Cheers,

Genevieve