Transfer Data Shuttle workflows

Corentin Dal Farra
Corentin Dal Farra ✭✭✭✭✭✭
edited 06/14/22 in Add Ons and Integrations

Hello everyone,

Do you know if it is possible to transfer Data Shuttle workflows from one user to another in the same Smartsheet account ?

Can we ask the support team to do this, or do we need to recreate all the workflows ?

Thank you for your help, have a nice day,

Corentin

Answers

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin

Hi @Corentin Dal Farra

No, there currently isn't a way to transfer Data Shuttle workflow configurations from one user to another, you would need to recreate each workflow individually from the other user's account.

That said, if you are looking to do this because a user has left the organization, you could potentially update the Primary email address associated with this account instead. This will allow you to gain access to the Data Shuttle workflows from the new email. Keep in mind this would need to be an email that does not currently have a Smartsheet account. See: Admin Center: Add, Edit, and Delete Individual Users with User Management

Cheers!

Genevieve

• Corentin Dal Farra
    Corentin Dal Farra ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Genevieve

Thank you for all these information ! Unfortunately for us the user that will take back all the workflows is already in our organization so we will not be able to do the update primary email solution that you mentionned.

Anyway I would love a feature to transfer these workflows in the future !

Thank you for your help, have a great day,

Corentin

• @Genevieve P But if a workflow is created by me in the business account who ever I share it with can see the workflow though right?

• Genevieve P.

Hi @Zain Ahmed

Yes, if you have shared the business account with other users, and they log in to Data Shuttle from this account (instead of from their own account), they would see the workflow that was created by that account.

Is this what you meant?

• Ipshita
    Ipshita ✭✭✭✭✭✭

I recently posted a question with Smartsheet support regarding the same situation where I wanted to transfer all of my existing data shuttle workflows to a fellow team member since I was transitioning out of the team. Unfortunately, I got the same response that it was not possible and I had to create a word document with screenshots from the workflows so the team member(s) can use them to recreate the workflows. However, if anyone is taking this feedback, I would love for Smartsheet to have that as a feature where an individual "can" transfer the workflows as and when needed or at least be able to share them according to permission levels. Sometimes it can also act as a training document for newer team members to just be able to look at the workflows and learn how their organization is creating these for the team's requirements.

Thank you,

Ipshita Mukherjee

• @Genevieve P. , has this been considered as a an enhancement with your product team? It's strange that some workflows in apps can be transferred but not others. It's counterproductive to have to recreate all of these.

• Genevieve P.

Hi @johngraham78

Yes! Sharing Data Shuttle workflows is on the roadmap, here's the Product Idea with the response from Product at the top in yellow: Share Data Shuttle Workflows