Data Uploader / Data Shuttle

Jennifer Murphy
Jennifer Murphy ✭✭✭✭
edited 06/14/22 in Add Ons and Integrations

Anyone else finding that the move to Data Shuttle has resulted in a downgrade of functionality?

1. Source - Used to be able to type the source of the data, now there's the extra step of having to expand the folder that it's in.

2. Target - Used to be able to select "Same as Source" or type the target sheet, now there's the extra step of having either navigate to the Target or type the name and expand the folder that it's in.

3. Map fields to columns - this used to auto-populate and just needed a review if the sheet headers matched the data being uploaded. Now I have to map every single column which takes ages if there are many columns. 

I'm hoping that the above can be resolved soon, especially issue 3 as it's a real drain on time.

Best Answer

• Krissia B.
    Krissia B. Moderator
    Answer ✓

Hello @Jennifer Murphy

Upon further review on this, this is expected and by design for Data Shuttle. At this time, there's no way to revert back to the previous functionality of these options as to what it used to do in Data Uploader.

Customer feedback is a core source of new ideas and provides critical insight needed for prioritization decisions. Please submit your requests for enhancements to Smartsheet via this form.

Cheers,

Krissia

Answers

• Krissia B.
    Krissia B. Moderator
    Answer ✓

Hello @Jennifer Murphy

Upon further review on this, this is expected and by design for Data Shuttle. At this time, there's no way to revert back to the previous functionality of these options as to what it used to do in Data Uploader.

Customer feedback is a core source of new ideas and provides critical insight needed for prioritization decisions. Please submit your requests for enhancements to Smartsheet via this form.

Cheers,

Krissia

• Jennifer Murphy
    Jennifer Murphy ✭✭✭✭

Hi @Krissia ,

Thanks for the response, this is unfortunate as it really does feel like a step back in functionality. Usually when there's a new roll-out it builds on what was there already.

I have sheets that have the same layout every month but due to the size of the sheets each month has to be saved as its own sheet - it used to take less than 5 minutes to create an uploader to load in 5,000 rows of data, now it will take considerably longer.

I submitted an enhancement request for this the other day when I first noticed it.

Kind Regards,

Jennifer