Data missing when moving rows to another sheet

Hi,

I have multiple sheets has to move data to a master sheet in specific time.. But I find some data in master sheet are missing recently. It seems to happen when the moving data is more than 100 rows at a time. Some cells in rows didn't bring to the master sheet. in my case, the missing cells are from specific column, but not all cells in the column are missing. Has anyone face the issue before? And how to solve it?

Thanks.

Tags:

Best Answer

• Bassam Khalil
    Bassam Khalil ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 06/11/21 Answer ✓

Hi @Ruby Chu

I hope you are fine, can you please try to use just one or two sheets to transfer data to a master sheet at a specific time and see if you have the same problem. Because if it works for you without any problem, it means that there are no problems on your end, but the problem is caused by the Smartsheet system and you need to contact the support team.

PMP Certified

bassam.khalil2009@gmail.com

☑️ Are you satisfied with my answer to your question? Please help the Community by marking it as an ( Accepted Answer), and I will be grateful for your "Vote Up" or "Insightful"

Answers

• Garrett Henke
    Garrett Henke ✭✭✭✭✭

Are the cells that are missing data populated by a workflow on the main sheet?

An example would be that you are using a Record A Date on the sheet and then moving it to the Master Sheet at the same time. The Move Row automation may be occurring before the Record A Date automation happens.

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Ruby Chu

I hope you're well and safe!

Strange!

What's the specific column?

Can you describe your process in more detail and maybe share the sheet(s)/copies of the sheet(s) or some screenshots? (Delete/replace any confidential/sensitive information before sharing) That would make it easier to help. (share too, andree@workbold.com)

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Ruby Chu
    Ruby Chu ✭✭✭✭

Hi @Andrée Starå ,

I have about 30+ child sheets and the issue is random happened in different child sheet these days. The same is the missing columns are all using format to generate data in child sheet, not input manually. When moving to master sheet, all cells data bring to master sheet completely, but some are not. I quickly draft a graphic to show the working model, hope it can helps!!

thank you.

• Bassam Khalil
    Bassam Khalil ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 06/11/21 Answer ✓

Hi @Ruby Chu

I hope you are fine, can you please try to use just one or two sheets to transfer data to a master sheet at a specific time and see if you have the same problem. Because if it works for you without any problem, it means that there are no problems on your end, but the problem is caused by the Smartsheet system and you need to contact the support team.

PMP Certified

bassam.khalil2009@gmail.com

☑️ Are you satisfied with my answer to your question? Please help the Community by marking it as an ( Accepted Answer), and I will be grateful for your "Vote Up" or "Insightful"

• Ruby Chu
    Ruby Chu ✭✭✭✭

Hi @Bassam Khalil ,

As I have about 20-30+ child sheets and the issue was happened completely randomly and not happen everyday. The best way is to contact support team for help I guess...

Thank you!!

• James John Wilson
    edited 06/28/22

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!