Issues with Auto Assign Automation with Multiple Conditions and Multiple People

I am currently having an issue with the Assign To Automation

I have a multi select column for Programs, and a single select for Functional Area Responsible.

The assigned to column is multi-contact enabled

When a specific combination of functional area and programs are selected, I want to be able to assign the correct people.

Right now, if multiple programs are selected, it is only assigning a single individual, aka only running through one condition.

I want to be able to auto assign the correct multiple individuals if multiple programs are selected but need some help figuring this out.

Answers

• Bassam Khalil
    Bassam Khalil ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Sara-Beth Burkett 

Hope you are fine, could you please write a sample of your combination of functional area and programs are selected ( it's better if you can write all combination ) so i can help you with the exact auto assign workflow.

PMP Certified

bassam.khalil2009@gmail.com

☑️ Are you satisfied with my answer to your question? Please help the Community by marking it as an ( Accepted Answer), and I will be grateful for your "Vote Up" or "Insightful"

• Hello @Bassam Khalil,

Here is a table of all of the possible assignment combos

In my original post I included photos of what an entry on the sheet might look like and my current automation for one of the functional area groups.

Thank you so much,

Sara-Beth

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Sara-Beth Burkett

I hope you're well and safe!

For your use case, I would recommend breaking them out into multiple workflows (make a template and duplicate and update), and then if needed/possible, combine them.

Make sense?

Would that work/help?

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic weekend!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Hello @Andrée Starå,

I currently have a workflow for each functional area, are you suggesting that I make a work flow for every possible combination?

• Bassam Khalil
    Bassam Khalil ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 06/11/21

Hi @Sara-Beth Burkett 

Can i suggest using the following simple way by using a formula to assign the contact instead of workflow and then you can design one workflow to send the correct people by sending to the contact on that the formula produces.

to do that you can create a table of these possible assignment combos and use Index function or If function to do that.

if you like please share me as an admin on a sample workspace with a sample sheet  (after removing or replacing any sensitive information) and i will create this formula and workflow for you.

My Email: Bassam.k@mobilproject.it

PMP Certified

bassam.khalil2009@gmail.com

☑️ Are you satisfied with my answer to your question? Please help the Community by marking it as an ( Accepted Answer), and I will be grateful for your "Vote Up" or "Insightful"