Sharing a Report

Hello,

I have created a report from master employee data. I want to share the report to another department that doesn't have access to the master data (for confidentiality reasons). How do I do this?

Thanks, Hannah

Answers

• Bassam Khalil
    Bassam Khalil ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Hannah McHardy 

Hope you are fine, please try to Publish the Report

PMP Certified

bassam.khalil2009@gmail.com

☑️ Are you satisfied with my answer to your question? Please help the Community by marking it as an ( Accepted Answer), and I will be grateful for your "Vote Up" or "Insightful"

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Hannah McHardy

I hope you're well and safe!

What Smartsheet Plan do you have?

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Bassam Khalil
    Bassam Khalil ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@Hannah McHardy

And if you want to use something more proficinal to control your sharing permission. you can use Dynamic View Or Workapps applications. ( You need to pay for those applications extra cost )

PMP Certified

bassam.khalil2009@gmail.com

☑️ Are you satisfied with my answer to your question? Please help the Community by marking it as an ( Accepted Answer), and I will be grateful for your "Vote Up" or "Insightful"

• Hi @Andrée Starå,

Yes all good here in New Zealand. I hope the same for you.

I am a (business) licensed user with Data Shuttle and Pivot add ons, we wont be adding on any other apps. Seems crazy that I cant share a Report with another department for them to work on, such is life I suppose. I might export to excel/csv and then get the other dept. to setup a new data shuttle workflow for their purposes, or do you think thats the wrong thing to do?

Thanks for your advice in advance.

Hannah

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 06/23/21

@Hannah McHardy

Happy to help!

Glad to hear it's good, and it's the same for me.

• Would the other department need to update the information or only view it?
    • Should their version continue to be updated from the main sheet?

Can you describe your process in more detail and maybe share the sheet(s)/copies of the sheet(s) or some screenshots? (Delete/replace any confidential/sensitive information before sharing) That would make it easier to help. (share too, andree@workbold.com)

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Hi Andree,

Thanks for getting back to me.

Let me try explain the situation - I work in the HR dept and run a master data sheet with all employee information, including emergency contact information. Our internal Risk dept, needs this information for disaster recovery procedures but we cant share the whole sheet because it contains confidential information. We are constantly going back and forward confirming new/leaving employees and their details, when it would be easier if they had access to the relevant columns from our master data live. Once the Risk dept have this information, they want additional columns for their own purposes.

To answer your questions clearly - First Q - No, the Risk dept wouldn't want to update the information we share to them, but they would add additional columns for their own purposes. Second Q - Yes, we want their version to update from our master data.

Thanks so much for your help.

Hannah