Postgres SQL and updating records in Smartsheet

I am trying to keep an up to date list of different job information in Smartsheet. I would like to use this up to date information to reference data across different sheets but am struggling on how to exactly do this. I have a Postgres SQL API with the information I need, but can't seem to find a way to keep these records update in Smartsheet or be able to reference it within Smartsheet. What is the best way to accomplish this?

Side Note: I have also tried to do this through Zapier, but I can't seem to find how this should be done. Any help would be appreciated!

Answers

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin

Hi @J Powers

Would you be able to clarify what you're looking to do a little further? Based on your description it sounds like you could create a Report within the Smartsheet UI to grab job information across all your different sheets. This would enable you to automatically see updates as they occur in the underlying sheets.

If a Report doesn't provide the visibility you're looking for, it would be helpful to see screen captures of your sheets in Smartsheet and what you're hoping to update, but please block out any sensitive data.

Thanks!

Genevieve