Moving up start date on calendar app

Justin Ramos
Justin Ramos ✭✭
edited 06/14/22 in Add Ons and Integrations

When I move the start date backwards on the calendar app, I have no issues. However, when I try to move up the start date past the end date, I receive a message saying, "End date must be greater than or equal start date". Shouldn't the end date just follow the start date if I have project settings enabled? I have the sheet set up with project settings, durations established, and can't edit the end date on the sheet or calendar app. In the sheet, I have no problem moving up the start date, only when I try to edit in the calendar app it gives me this error message.

Best Answer

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin
    Answer ✓

Hi @Justin Ramos-Flynn

The Calendar App has different functionality than the source, underlying sheet; based on the way it updates, you currently won't be able to move the Start Date past the End Date to push out the task (as you've found).

The way to adjust this forwards would be to first change the Duration. This will push out the End Date, then you can change your Start Date to be the new, later date. Once the Start Date is on the right date, adjust the Duration back to the original length.

Otherwise, you may want to go directly to the source sheet to change your timeline, which will update the change in the Calendar App.

Cheers,

Genevieve

Answers

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin
    Answer ✓

Hi @Justin Ramos-Flynn

The Calendar App has different functionality than the source, underlying sheet; based on the way it updates, you currently won't be able to move the Start Date past the End Date to push out the task (as you've found).

The way to adjust this forwards would be to first change the Duration. This will push out the End Date, then you can change your Start Date to be the new, later date. Once the Start Date is on the right date, adjust the Duration back to the original length.

Otherwise, you may want to go directly to the source sheet to change your timeline, which will update the change in the Calendar App.

Cheers,

Genevieve