Data Shuttle (Delete rows that no longer match the filter criteria)

Terry Ables
Terry Ables ✭✭
edited 06/14/22 in Add Ons and Integrations

RE: Data Shuttle (Delete rows that no longer match the filter criteria)

Scope of what I'm trying to do.

1. Add rows when added to source file.
  2. delete rows when deleted from source file.
  3. Do not update rows.

I've noticed when running the workflow I get a select amount of rows deleted and added again. I have an ID column that is unique. I can run the workflow multiple times with no changes and it will delete and add the same rows every time. It isn't all rows.

Answers

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin

Hi @Terry Ables

I've tested this configuration and it works as expected for me: deleting rows when the source file no longer has that Unique ID, and adding rows when there is a new Unique ID in the source file.

I was using a Google Sheet as the source. One thing to note when using an online file like this is sometimes the change in the Google Sheet will take a couple minutes to register through the Data Shuttle workflow; if you only just made the edit in the Google Sheet, I would wait 2 - 5 minutes before running the Data Shuttle workflow to make sure your changes have been saved and are recognized. Could this potentially be the cause of your unexpected behaviour?

If I've misunderstood what you're looking to do, I would recommend reaching out to Smartsheet Support with screen captures of your source file, destination sheet, of each of the tabs from this workflow configuration, and an explanation of exactly what rows are added/deleted/left behind (perhaps a screen recording would be easiest).

Cheers!

Genevieve

• I have rows that are being deleted and then added back even though the source file hasn't changed (or even opened for that matter). In my example I run the workflow over and over without any changes to the source file and it will delete and add the just deleted rows back.

I will reach out to support.