Smartsheet Dashboard Performance Issue

The New Smartsheet Dashboard is behaving very very slow. Alternatively, I am shifting to the Classic version to update dashboard changes or any cosmetic changes. Is there any alternative options to fix this performance issue OR its a part of new product enhancements and can expect any bug fix in future. I can a message states, by June 17 2021. Classic Version of the dashboard will NOT be available.

Tags:

Best Answer

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin
    Answer ✓

Hi all,

Thank you for bringing this behaviour to our attention! Based on your reports and the information captured by our Support team, we are actively investigating the issue where Dashboards are slow to load and edit.

You can find out more information and subscribe to updates from our Status Page, here: https://status.smartsheet.com/

In regards to any other feedback about the new Dashboard UI, please let our Product team know about your experience by filling in this form, here.

Cheers,

Genevieve

Answers

• Genevieve P.

Hi @Tamizamuthan Vedachalam

There are a few troubleshooting steps you can try if Smartsheet is slow to load:

The first thing is to verify that you are using the most up-to-date version of your Browser, and if this same issue happens on other Browsers or in incognito mode (which would indicate that it's a cache issue). You may also want to test without any Browser Extensions in case this is causing the behaviour.

The next thing to test would be if the slow load times still happens on a different network connection, or if you're on a VPN. This Help Article has more information: Issue: Smartsheet Is Continuously Loading, Not Responding

If none of this has helped, please capture a screen recording of the issue you're seeing versus the previous, classic Dashboard load times, and contact Smartsheet Support so they can look into this further with you.

Thank you!

Genevieve

• Hello Genevieve,

Thanks for your suggestions. Will try to implement your suggestions and shall get back to you.

Regards,

Tamiz

• Hi there,

I am having the exact same issue with my dashboards.

When trying to edit, the page basically freezes up and I can't do anything. I've tried it on both MS Edge and Google Chrome and it is still an issue. And there is nothing wrong with my internet. On top of this, I don't see "classic mode" anymore which never had any performance issues.

Please advise.

• New dashboard performance is appalling, and I have no issues re: browser & internet speed. Can we have the 'classic' dashboard back ASAP???!!!

• Bassam Khalil
    Bassam Khalil ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@Genevieve P & @Russell Baines & @Tamizamuthan Vedachalam 

Am Facing the same problems and i checked every technical issue that could cause this problem and the problem still there, i hope the technical team test carefully every new version before release it to the end-user. and please keep the classic version available until the new version tested and solve all the issue and bugs.

PMP Certified

bassam.khalil2009@gmail.com

☑️ Are you satisfied with my answer to your question? Please help the Community by marking it as an ( Accepted Answer), and I will be grateful for your "Vote Up" or "Insightful"

• Genevieve P.

Hi all,

If you haven't done so already, please inform Smartsheet Support about the issues you're experiencing, including a screen recording (if possible) and a list of all the troubleshooting steps you've tried. It may also be useful for them to see a HAR file (here's an article that details how to get this file).

Thank you!

Genevieve

• @Genevieve P already done, these new dashboards are more style over substance, moving widgets around is like playing pin the tail on the donkey, where the widget may actually end up is anyone's guess. Very disappointing smartsheet, I've already had to reschedule 2 SteerCo. meetings, seriously reconsidering smartsheet as our corporate project management tool

• JLC
    JLC ✭✭✭✭✭✭

I have to echo many of the sentiments here on the slower loading speeds, especially given that we've never had an issue with this in the past. It isn't make or break in my opinion/experience but it is a noticeable change. Another issue I'm seeing @Genevieve P is the inability to add a line break in text box widgets, only a paragraph break. This is absolutely eating away at precious real estate on many of our dashboards. I voiced this when I was part of the EAP and ultimately had to leave the program due to it changing our dashboards too much for upcoming meetings with execs. Is this by design or perhaps just an issue on my end?

Another very frustrating issue is what appears to be a change to the default text size. For example, these should read "tactics delivered" on the first line, and "next X days" on the second line. Before the update there was no need for a scroll bar, and the small "note" text at the bottom has been cut in half. The sheer number of places across multiple dashboards where we will have to manually update these due to this update feels quite unfair. Any suggestions? Thanks for your help.

• Genevieve P.
    Answer ✓

Hi all,

Thank you for bringing this behaviour to our attention! Based on your reports and the information captured by our Support team, we are actively investigating the issue where Dashboards are slow to load and edit.

You can find out more information and subscribe to updates from our Status Page, here: https://status.smartsheet.com/

In regards to any other feedback about the new Dashboard UI, please let our Product team know about your experience by filling in this form, here.

Cheers,

Genevieve

• Dashboards now seem to be functioning OK. On another note, when trying to edit a widget, is there anyway to stop the items in the browser window from moving around? It makes it a bit tiresome to wait until the smartsheet dashboard editor has finished jiggling widgets around the screen, when you just want to make a quick change.

• I second this, the widgets moving around is actually more bothersome than having to shift stuff manually, the snap is awful.