Attachment limits when sharing via email

Is there a limit to the number of attachments that can be shared? How can I see the number of attachments linked to a sheet? I keep receiving this error message when trying to send a sheet that is 1118 rows - not sure how many attachments....

Answers

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin

Hi @Victoria Scudder

This specific error is actually referring to the size of the sheet as a whole, when it's converted into an attachment to send in an email. The sheet (as an attachment) is too large. See: Send a Sheet as an Email Attachment.

The maximum size for sending a sheet as an attachment in an email is 20MB. You can review the size of your sheet/attachment by exporting it first, then reviewing the file size in the file properties.

If possible, I would recommend reducing the number of rows or columns being included in the Send as Attachment configuration.

Gantt charts in particular will generally create a much larger PDF file. If you're exporting the sheet as a Gantt chart, try switching to Grid View and re-attempting to Send as Attachment to see if this reduces the size.

Let me know if I can clarify anything further!

Cheers,

Genevieve