Active turn around times by status of a row

I was wondering if theres a way/formula to track the amount of time a line stays in a certain status.

For example - If we are using a line to track the life cycle of a contract we would have a created date field and a contract status field. The status field would consist of fields like "Contract Review" "Legal Review" "On Hold" and "Completed". We only want to see how long of a duration that contract stayed under the contract review status(not counting any days that row is in legal review or on hold. A contract would have an end date of the time it was moved into a completed status

Is this something that can be built out in one of these sheets?

Answers

• Bassam Khalil
    Bassam Khalil ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 07/14/21

Hi @Scott Czaja

Hope you are fine, you can do that by using the following helper columns an formulas to track each status:

Add a Helper column call it ( Contract Review End Date ) Date type column then create a workflow to Record the date when the contract status change from contract review to any other step and use the following formula to calculate the duration :

In contract review duration = [Contract Review End Date] - [Created Date]

you can do that to monitor all steps duration.

PMP Certified

bassam.khalil2009@gmail.com

☑️ Are you satisfied with my answer to your question? Please help the Community by marking it as an ( Accepted Answer), and I will be grateful for your "Vote Up" or "Insightful"

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!