Dashboard chart from a report

I have a report which collects data from multiple sheets - this includes project health using RYG status.

I would like to add a pie chart to reflect project health on the dashboard using the collected data on the report and it's giving me "The selected columns cannot be charted".

Is there a way around this?

Best Answers

• Bassam Khalil
    Bassam Khalil ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

@Ketch Pablo

If you like share me as an admin on a copy of your sheet after removing any sensitive data and I will try to check it.

PMP Certified

bassam.khalil2009@gmail.com

☑️ Are you satisfied with my answer to your question? Please help the Community by marking it as an ( Accepted Answer), and I will be grateful for your "Vote Up" or "Insightful"

• Ketch Pablo
    Ketch Pablo ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

I referenced the sheets referenced in the report. I was able to use a Countifs formula for the chart in the dashboard. Thank you!

Answers

• Bassam Khalil
    Bassam Khalil ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Ketch Pablo

Hope you are fine, if you using countifs formula or Join with collect formula to count the numbers of RGY try to add Value function to the formula to convert the result to numbers.

PMP Certified

☑️ Are you satisfied with my answer to your question? Please help the Community by marking it as an ( Accepted Answer), and I will be grateful for your "Vote Up" or "Insightful"

• Ketch Pablo
    Ketch Pablo ✭✭✭

I tried to create a helper sheet to do a countifs formula from the report to be the data to be used for the chart in the dashboard but it seems I can't use a report to be a referenced sheet. Am I missing something?

• Bassam Khalil
    Bassam Khalil ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

@Ketch Pablo

If you like share me as an admin on a copy of your sheet after removing any sensitive data and I will try to check it.

PMP Certified

• Ketch Pablo
    Ketch Pablo ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

I referenced the sheets referenced in the report. I was able to use a Countifs formula for the chart in the dashboard. Thank you!