Specifying a day to use with predecessors

Hi folks - Anyone know if it's possible to specify a day for an activity to happen in a sequence, when using predecessors in project plans?

We have an IT review process that only happens on Mondays, and I'd like to set the predecessors for that task up to be the first Monday after the previous step is complete. Everything I'm finding requires a manual fix to say +1 or +2 from FS, and isn't nimble if another earlier step moves.

Appreciate any help!

Emily

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Emily G

I hope you're well and safe!

What settings do you have in the Project Settings section?

Can you describe your process in more detail and maybe share the sheet(s)/copies of the sheet(s) or some screenshots? (Delete/replace any confidential/sensitive information before sharing) That would make it easier to help. (share too, andree@workbold.com)

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Emily G
    Emily G ✭✭

Hi @Andrée Starå -- I said Mondays, but it's actually Tuesdays (oops!). Definitely make the case to avoid a manual process of setting this task day, if possible.

Below I've included a screenshot of my project plan and circled the task in question. You'll see in that description, the task can only happen on Tuesdays (or ad hoc, but we try to avoid that with our planning). I'm using a project plan grid, with predecessors and hierarchies. I'm looking to set my predecessor to be something like "the first Tuesday after 114," as opposed to the 114 it is now.

Please let me know if any other details are requested.

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@Emily G

Can you maybe share the sheet(s)/copies of the sheet(s)? (Delete/replace any confidential/sensitive information before sharing) That would make it easier to help. (share too, andree@workbold.com)

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.