Simple multiplication in a formula

Hi there, I am writing an INDEX(MATCH()) situation to pull a price, and i want to then multiply it by 1000. It keeps giving me an error due to the *1000. How do I get this fixed? The formula i have is below to pull the price per each. The second formula is what i have to get it to the correct amount, which gives me an #INVALID OPERATION error:

=(INDEX({Variety Pricing Combos | Combo Price}, MATCH([VARIETY_NR]@row, {Variety Pricing Combos | Combo Variety Numb}, 0)))

=(INDEX({Variety Pricing Combos | Combo Price}, MATCH([VARIETY_NR]@row, {Variety Pricing Combos | Combo Variety Numb}, 0)))*1000

Please help!

Best Answer

• Bassam Khalil
    Bassam Khalil ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hi @Cara Allan

Hope you are fine, please try the following formula:

=VALUE((INDEX({Variety Pricing Combos | Combo Price}, MATCH([VARIETY_NR]@row, {Variety Pricing Combos | Combo Variety Numb}, 0))))*1000

PMP Certified

bassam.khalil2009@gmail.com

☑️ Are you satisfied with my answer to your question? Please help the Community by marking it as an ( Accepted Answer), and I will be grateful for your "Vote Up" or "Insightful"

Answers

• Bassam Khalil
    Bassam Khalil ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hi @Cara Allan

Hope you are fine, please try the following formula:

=VALUE((INDEX({Variety Pricing Combos | Combo Price}, MATCH([VARIETY_NR]@row, {Variety Pricing Combos | Combo Variety Numb}, 0))))*1000

PMP Certified

☑️ Are you satisfied with my answer to your question? Please help the Community by marking it as an ( Accepted Answer), and I will be grateful for your "Vote Up" or "Insightful"

• Thank you @Bassam Khalil , that solved it. I suppose it was pulling in the value and not recognizing it as a number? Anyway, it worked and you rock!

• Bassam Khalil
    Bassam Khalil ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@Cara Allan

Excellent, i will be happy to help you any time, and I will be grateful for your "Vote Up" or "Insightful"

PMP Certified