Gantt Chart Displaying Improperly in a Dashboard

Good morning. I have created a report that shows a Gantt Chart and I changed the settings to start in February an on the current day. I have also filtered the report to only display projects that are In Progress or Not Started. However, when I pull the report into a Dashboard, it see a beginning start date on the Gantt Chart from 4 months ago (with a project that has since completed). Any ideas how to make the report in the Dashboard display like the report? Thank you

Answers

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin

Hi @Kimberly Washeleski

It sounds like you're using the Report Widget, is that correct? Currently this type of widget is unable to display the Gantt timeline starting on "Today's date", as you've found. Please submit your feedback to the Product Team by filling in this form, here!

Instead, you may want to Publish the Report (see here) then use the Web Content Widget (see here) to embed it on the Dashboard. The published view will display the Report with the same timeline settings as you have set in the Report itself.

Cheers,

Genevieve

• Oh I did not think to Publish the Report. Thank you Genevieve.

• Genevieve P.

No problem! I'm glad this will work for you.

• Is there any way to get the gantt to display with the full view and opening to today's date? I need to have multiple projects shown at a time and cannot seem to get the correct visual. I have attached a screen shot of my view. The first image is a PDF snapshot of the schedule. Everything can fit in the window. If I use the publish and web content widget this and the reports do not allow me to fit everything into one image on the dashboard. If I add the reports you have to navigate to each sheet.

Thanks,

Amy

• Genevieve P.

Hi @asisneros84456

I commented on your other post, and I'll copy my response here in case anyone else has the same question:

Not yet; the Report Widget still doesn't have the ability to open up at Today's Date, however I believe our Product team is looking into how to implement this feature in the future.

Cheers,

Genevieve

• Hi there --

I have a similar request. In fact, it seems like it works sometimes where it open's to todays date but sometimes it is buggy and opens to a month or so earlier or at the first initial start date. Is this feature meant to work now? Because it does seem inconsistent and it seems to open to a different date every time. Thanks!