Viewing Calendar on Mobile App

Syed Muhafzal
Syed Muhafzal ✭✭✭✭✭
edited 06/14/22 in Add Ons and Integrations

Hi Smarties,

Out of curiosity, is this happening to you guys?

I have published a calendar in a dashboard (let's called it Playground) - using both Calendar view and Calendar App.

It works great on the desktop, but I am getting the below icon on the mobile app? Is this happening to anybody else? Is this a bug or something I am not doing right? It takes me to the calendar app in a new window when I click on the chain icon - what I wanted is to have it embedded on the dashboard and able to be viewed on a mobile app.

Answers

• Kimberly Loveless
    Kimberly Loveless ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Some of the dashboard widgets, particularly the web content widget, shows differently in the mobile app. I reported this to Smarthsheet and submitted an enhancement request probably last year. I am not aware of any changes to address this.

• I have the same issue and the only way I found to get it to show on the mobile app was through workapps on a published link. So it has limitations since it's published and only licensed users can access workapps from what I understand so I'd definitely like to see some improvements on this since we have multiple installers and sales consultants in the field who need to see our install calendar on their ipads.

• Syed Muhafzal
    Syed Muhafzal ✭✭✭✭✭

Received a response from Support team that this feature is not available and I have submitted a product enhancement request. I will update on this thread shall I receive any further updates.

Thought I would also share the below

"As of the moment, the feature to view the Calendar App and Calendar View is mobile devices is currently unavailable. As a workaround, you can use Google Overlay Function or the iCal ICS file to publish your Smartsheet calendar so that you can view it on your mobile devices."