Manual Workflow Trigger for Time Base Automations

Hello all,

I was setting up a Workflow to trigger based on a condition at a certain time of day. It did not work, which is fine it was a test, but now in order to run that same test again, I have to move the trigger forward an hour and wait for it to reach that time. (Function is to clear a checkbox daily)

Since I am testing the functionality and not the timing feature, I wanted to know if there was a way to manually trigger that function between hours to test and see if it meets my need instead of just having to wait the full hour in real time to test it again.

Thank you all in advance,

Steven

Best Answer

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 08/05/21 Answer ✓

Hi @Steven Dziama

I hope you're well and safe!

I'd recommend duplicating the Workflow and adding a so-called helper column while you test. The helper column can be a checkbox, and you can set the Workflow to trigger based on it.

Make sense?

Would that work/help?

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

Answers