Google Form Sync broke

I had a Google form that was synced with a Smartsheet.

I changed the name of the Smartsheet and now the form no longer syncs, even if I put the name back.

How do I re-establish the sync?

Answers

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin

Hi @K Bleavins

Renaming the sheet shouldn't cause form to remove the link between Smartsheet and Google Forms. It uses the Sheet ID when creating the initial link, so the sheet name should automatically update in the Sync window when you update it in Smartsheet.

Can you open the Smartsheet Sync window to see what sheet the form is being linked to? There should be a hyperlink in this window which will take you directly to the sheet:

If you don't see a blue "Pause" but "Resume" instead, then you can go ahead and click Resume to sync the form again.

However, if you have clicked the "Unlink Sheet" button previously, then the form will need to have a new sheet created to sync to for future entries. In this instance, you could set up a Copy Row Workflow in Smartsheet to copy rows from your new intake sheet to your old intake sheet to keep all entries together.

Let me know if this has helped!

Cheers,

Genevieve

• Thanks for your quick response!

It must have been an issue with either Google or Smartsheets. I was not getting the blue pause button or the link but instead a File Error message.

I just checked and all is well and yes, I can re-name the sheet and it is reflected.

I really did not like the idea of having to setup a new sheet. Do you think in the future we will be able to link an existing sheet instead of creating a new one?

Thanks again!

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin

Hi @K Bleavins

I'm glad to hear it's working for you now!

You can set up Smartsheet forms on existing sheets, but currently Google Forms requires a new sheet to set up the connection. Please let our Product team know about your feedback and request by filling out this form, here.

Thanks!

Genevieve