Copy Rows to Someone's Shared Sheet that allows updates back / forth

Hi,

Hopefully there is a possible solution to what I'm trying to do:

1. We have teams who have their own project lists
  2. I've created a project intake form/sheet and want to set up an automation that copies the rows to their individual project lists

I know that if there's common columns across all sheets, then it'll move over fine and they can probably hide any extra columns from the source sheet.

However, is there any way for updates made to the rows that were copied to be updated on both sheets? For example, if a project is added to another list and they change the title / target end date, it'll update the same row on the source sheet?

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Liana Lin

I hope you're well and safe!

Have you looked into using reports instead?

Which Smartsheet Plan do you have?

Would that work/help?

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Hi Andree,

Likewise!

I currently have the Enterprise plan. Yes, I've looked into using Reports however the we have HR Teams who have their own unique / custom Project Lists in Smartsheet and would prefer to have incoming projects (from intake form) be automatically added to their lists vs opening a separate report. Also my intake form has additional fields that are not applicable to some teams but not others.

Is there a possible solution for something like this?

Thank you!