Automation Notification without link to the sheet.

Is it possible to nofify/alert someone using an automation with these characteristics:

• Send an attachment in the notification
  • Not sending the link to the sheet

Thanks for your responses!!

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Cesar Martinez

I hope you're well and safe!

Unfortunately, it's not possible to include any actual attachment, but it's an excellent idea!

Please submit an Enhancement Request when you have a moment.

Here's a possible workaround or workarounds

• Send an alert with the link to the attachment. (If you use the message only option, it wouldn't include the link to the sheet)

Would that work/help?

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• skarkhoff
    skarkhoff ✭✭✭

@Andrée Starå - what do you mean by this, "Send an alert with the link to the attachment. (If you use the message only option, it wouldn't include the link to the sheet)" ?

The only way I was able to find a way to send an attachment without the sheet link is if I select to send the row, but then it's not automated.

• This enhancement would be really helpful for my work - where we share Reports with stakeholders external to our office in order to review and submit information specific to their own programs but we do NOT want them to be able to see the full, underlying sheet. Because we technically HAVE to give them access to the underlying sheet AND the report in order for them to be able to work with the report, we've just avoided this by not sharing the sheet link outside of our office. But, if we want to leverage automation notifications, like a reminder or update request, and that notification always includes the sheet link, the process won't work.

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Sydni

I hope you're well and safe!

Here's a possible workaround or workarounds

• Premium App, WorkApps (can edit report without sharing underlying sheets)
    • Premium App, Dynamic View

Would any of those options work/help?

I hope that helps!

Be safe, and have a fantastic weekend!

Best,

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up, Awesome, or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.