Can I populate Smartsheet rows from a SQL Database read?

Options

I have data on Snowflake data warehouse and also on a SQL server table. Does Smartsheet support connection to Snowflake or SQL database to read data and populate rows on a Smartsheet?

Answers

• Sean Morgan
    Sean Morgan Employee
    edited 05/22/20
    Options

Hello @Senthil Anandarangan

Although there is no dedicated integration with SQL, you can use the ODBC connector to communicate with Smartsheet.

See more on this here: http://smartsheet-platform.github.io/odbc-docs/#overview

You can raise an Enhancement Request on the right hand side for other integrations you'd like to see within Smartsheet 😀

Kindest Regards

Sean

• Hi Sean

Thanks for your response. I am looking for WRITE into the Smartsheet. From the link it looks like ODBC connector supports only READ from the Smartsheet. Is WRITE from SQL to SmartSheet possible by using Smartsheet DataUploader?

• Sean Morgan
    Options

Hello @Senthil Anandarangan

Apologies for the delay in response.

Data Uploader is it's on application for adding data into sheets, from a source E.G Excel sheets.

Contrary to this, you may be able to achieve this with the 3rd party application Zapier

Kindest Regards

Sean

• IbrahimShaikh
    IbrahimShaikh ✭✭
    edited 09/02/21
    Options

@Sean Morgan , @Senthil Anandarangan

Hope you guys are doing well !!!

I am new to smart sheet and want to establish Smartsheet and SQL connection.

Can you let me know how can I do that.

In addition to that.. I have setup ODBC connection as well.. but not sure how to process further.

Thanks & Regards,

Ibrahim Shaikh

• Etienne Mermillod
    Etienne Mermillod ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi,

We've build several tools and solutions to sync data from/to SqlServer and MySql with smartsheet.

As an example we can read a table or view, and automaticly insert/update smartsheet rows based on a custom mapping.

If you would like to know more, please contact @Richard Rymill SBP or me for more details.

Etienne

• Richard Rymill SBP
    Richard Rymill SBP ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Senthil Anandarangan

As Smartsheet Integration partners of some 12 years experience, we can certainly resolve your needs for you. We offer a free initial consultation. Please let me know a good time to meet?

Richard Rymill

CEO SmarterBusinessprocesses.com

ps Etienne is our Development manager.

• Shahara Anderson
    Options

@Richard Rymill SBP

Hello,

I need to connect SmartSheet to my SQL server and read-only. I want to discuss this with you when you have an opportunity.

Thank you,

Shahara Anderson

• Richard Rymill SBP
    Richard Rymill SBP ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi Shahara

Happy to help you resolve this question it is one of the most popular requests, ie how do i get data from SQL, MySQL oe ERP into Smartsheet.

We have a number of ways to do this and we always try to help you choose the least cost, easiest solution. If we can have a briefing from you on exactly how you with to interact with Smartsheet and presumably add to your workflows or Dashboards?

We can use all or any of the Smartsheet connectors or our team include API developers for something custom. We also have a range of Smarter Controls 4 Sheets which automate such as dropdown lists and backup. All created following requests from Smartsheet users over the years. Here is the link to our web page. https://smarterbusinessprocesses.com/smartercontrols4sheets/

If we can arrange a zoom or teams meeting that would be good?

can you email me at Richardr@smarterbusinessprocesses.com