Card View for Reports

13»

Comments

• it's pretty frustrating that this seemingly easy functionality has still not been added after 4-5 years of requests. I've already (more than once) put this into the request form. We keep being told it's on the way, but it never happens. there are plenty of other automations and updates that come out, and never a real word on this. I don't need more automation options - I need a visual way to see what's going on across all of our department's sheets!!

• +1 to everyone's frustration. Our team has been operating under the guise that this feature would be released by now and in fact we've designed our roadmap around this promise. The program dependent on this feature has received escalations for not delivering as we've been opting on waiting for the feature rather than developing a custom dashboard using the API. A workaround has been to create an automation that copies the rows to another sheet once all the approval stages have been satisfied, but this requires managing two of the same data set and doesn't allow us for a great user experience when it comes to making edits to the data and keeping both sheets synchronized. Can we get a realistic release date so our business can make the decision on whether or not to pursue a custom development of this feature?

• Reviewing this multi-year thread. Not much more to be said by anyone asking and engagement seems pointless. Not sure if society agrees on their definition of 'soon'. 🙄 Giving up at this point and looking for other solutions, which I think they're fine with as an organization.

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 08/24/21

Hi @Jennifer Sloane, @Hakim Azly, @mattwalters52346, @edward Holtby, @Amy Lamb, @Maria Angels, @Joseph Goldman , and @dwmalone,

I hope you're well and safe!

Tagging @Genevieve P. for a possible update.

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic day!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin

Hi all,

We are actively working on making Card View available in Reports, but I don't currently have an estimate on timing. Please subscribe to our Release Notes page so that you will receive notifications for our future updates!

Thanks,

Genevieve

• Frank Falco
    Frank Falco ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@Genevieve P. This is extremely disappointing news. We were told by @Andrée Starå that it was likely in Jan (and then March "if all went to plan") and now more than six months later there appears to be no plan/ETA at all! I am dealing with pushback from our business due to these limitations and delays.

I am concerned that if/when it finally arrives it will be half baked and may not have editing, which will be useless. What is the proposed release functionality going to be? Will it have full editing capabilities? After all this time there must be a plan/feature list/timeline, something?

Also, for huge bonus points, is there any chance there will be an option to hide the sheet(s) shared via a report so that we can protect visibility/access to the sheet? This is critically important for the completeness of the reporting function. Reports are heavily used to restrict the view of the data, particularly for certain users, and having the shared sheet(s) visible makes this ineffective/useless.

Please do not say Dynamic View is the option, it is not feature-complete enough to be useful compared to sheets and reports. Having to access it via a different domain with a completely different interface and no formatting is not a good/consistent user experience.

We paid for DynamicView for a year on the understanding, based on discussions with Smartsheet presales, that it had card view (which it doesn't) and it was therefore of virtually no value at all. Total waste of money and not a solution for this requirement.

We need these features urgently and there needs to be better visibility for this and many feature request that has been asked for and promised for years. We continually submit feature requests with no feedback, other than thank you for your submission.

✅Did my post help answer your question or solve your problem? Please help the Community by marking it as the accepted answer/helpful. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Frank Falco

Regarding your wish for hiding the sheets in a report

Have you looked into using WorkApps?

With WorkApps, you define the permissions specifically, and for example, you can have a report showing a user's tasks without having access to the sheets.

Make sense?

Would that work/help?

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Frank Falco
    Frank Falco ✭✭✭✭✭✭

WorkApps is a nice feature and can address this is some cases, but is not a good use case for everything and for many reasons does not make sense.

For example, I have a project folder that I clone for every site we work on. It would be a good use case for WorkApps, but I cannot associate the WorkApp to the folder, nor can I clone the WorkApp and its associated files, so it does not work. It would make WorkApps more useful if you could associate folders or collections of files and then clone them all together.

I think the ability to hide a sheet would be a significant feature that would assist with security and visibility dramatically.

In the meantime, CardView for reports is desperately needed.

Hopefully, it is sometime this year! Not holding my breath.

✅Did my post help answer your question or solve your problem? Please help the Community by marking it as the accepted answer/helpful. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

• I am struggling to navigate within the release notes- any update on this request- I need it for a build out for my team.

• JF Burguet
    JF Burguet ✭✭
    edited 12/16/21

@Joseph Goldman : excellent contribution, thanks a lot ! The default view as "Card View" is available under the Publish option (on the right) then Read Only Full menu.

We are now in December 2021 and the card view in the Reports are still not available. Very disappointing.

@SmartSheet Management : could you please give us an official feedback and timeline on this point ? Thank you.

JF

• SeanPM
    SeanPM ✭✭✭

Just keeping the flame of frustration alive...

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Jennifer Sloane@Hakim Azly@mattwalters52346@edward Holtby@Amy Lamb@Maria Angels@Joseph Goldman , and @dwmalone, + @Frank Falco @Amanda Bannister @JF Burguet @SeanPM

Woohoo! It's finally here! Card View in Reports! 

Card view is now available in reports! Combine your project sheets into one report, then view in card view to quickly answer questions like:

• Which tasks are high priority?
    • How many issues are in the Implementation stage?
    • Which designer has the most requests?

Align the whole team on priority by dragging cards within a lane to save card ranking – without affecting the order of the underlying data in grid view. Learn more.

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic week!

Best,