Sharing a sheet with a user with 2 different emails

I have shared a sheet with a list of people. They are all in my contacts. Now, they are transitioning to a new email. I added their new emails to my list of contacts but when I try to share the sheet with them, their contact with the new email does not appear at all. I tried changing the name in my contact list, so the name is different for both emails, but still the new emails do not appear. I am hoping to be able to share with both emails until the transition is complete. Any suggestions?

Best Answer

• Marcelle Conradie
    Marcelle Conradie ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

I have had a similar scenario when an Architectural firm merged, and when consultants start off on one e-mail address and then later switch ISP's. I had the same person in my contacts (twice) - one with old e-mail one with new e-mail and it was shared to both, it worked fine on our end.

Have they registered on Smartsheet on their new e-mail address and accepted your invite on the new e-mail?

Answers

• Marcelle Conradie
    Marcelle Conradie ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

I have had a similar scenario when an Architectural firm merged, and when consultants start off on one e-mail address and then later switch ISP's. I had the same person in my contacts (twice) - one with old e-mail one with new e-mail and it was shared to both, it worked fine on our end.

Have they registered on Smartsheet on their new e-mail address and accepted your invite on the new e-mail?

• Thanks, figured out the problem was accepting the invitation. I was not clear on when the invitation was sent to them.