Setting Scale Limit On Bar Charts

Lee Fielding
Lee Fielding ✭✭
edited 09/13/21 in Smartsheet Basics

Hello Community,

I would like to enquire if there is a possibility to set a limit to the axis scale information?

For example I have a stacked bar chart that is showing percentage values - naturally 100% being the maximum value - yet the bar chart scale displays up to 120% (see image)

Therefore, I'd like to know if I could set the axis scale to shown only up to 100%.

Is this possible?

Tags:

Answers

• Bassam Khalil
    Bassam Khalil ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Lee Fielding

Hope you are fine, did you check the data selection for your chart if you select only the data you need to present or you have wider range in your selection.

PMP Certified

bassam.khalil2009@gmail.com

☑️ Are you satisfied with my answer to your question? Please help the Community by marking it as an ( Accepted Answer), and I will be grateful for your "Vote Up" or "Insightful"

• Hello @Bassam Khalil

Thank you for the prompt response.

Yes I have checked the data selection, and the maximum value to each competency (row) will only reach 100% - yet the scale on the widget shows more!?

...? Any other thoughts that I may be missing?

• Bassam Khalil
    Bassam Khalil ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Lee Fielding 

Hope you are fine, i checked your data to create the same chart and it's lock like your sample exactly also when i try to minimize the chart window it's shown 150% and 200% as per the scale. i think Smartsheet leave this scale to keep the legend not attached to the end of the chart bars and keep a space between the legend and the chart bars.

the following screenshot shows the result when i compressed the chart ( 150% & 200% ) just to keep the legend far from the bars:

PMP Certified

bassam.khalil2009@gmail.com

☑️ Are you satisfied with my answer to your question? Please help the Community by marking it as an ( Accepted Answer), and I will be grateful for your "Vote Up" or "Insightful"