Copy move dashboard widgets to another dashboard

Mike L.
Mike L. ✭✭✭
edited 12/09/19 in Smartsheet Basics

I can move copy rows of data to another sheet but I can't copy or move widgets to another dashboard.  I get a lot of requests to put shortcuts widgets on various dashboards and it's like maintaining static webpages in the early 1990's.  Copy or moving a widget would help. But even better would be to have a custom widget library so that the widget could be added to any dashboard. Changes to the widget would carry over to any dashboard where it has been added.  I think I'll submit an enhancement request but was just looking for any feedback. 

Thanks!  Mike

Tags:

Comments

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi Mike,

That would be an excellent addition to Smartsheets features.

Have a fantastic day!

Best,

Andrée Starå

Workflow Consultant @ Get Done Consulting

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• I swear half the time I find the question I'm looking for on this site, there's a response from Andree or another expert saying essentially "What a great idea... but no Smartsheet can't do that".

And some of these comments are 3-5 years old. Is Smartsheet working on implementing any new features?

• It is not too difficult to copy widgets to another dashboard. But that does not solve the 'library' issue.

To copy, just open the two dashboards you want to copy too and select the one you want to copy using the widget edit menu. Then go to the other dashboard and paste.

But the dream would be to have these be from a global library where changes would ripple across all instances, if desired.