SUMIFS Formula

I am attempting to get the sum of two separate columns Number of Participants Reached (Adults) + Number of Participants Reached (Students) for FY 2021 only

All 3 sets of numbers are in different columns

I can get the total sum of the two columns right for all years but I can't figure out how to have it only calculate for FY 2021 only

=SUM([Number of Participants Reached (Adults)]:[Number of Participants Reached (Students)])

How do I take this formula and turn it into the sum for both columns for a specific year

Thank you!

Best Answer

• Kelly Moore
    Kelly Moore ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hey @ashleeco

Here's an approach using SUMIFS embedded in your Sum function.

=SUM(SUMIFS([Number of Participants Reached (Adults)]:[Number of Participants Reached (Adults)], [Number of Participants Reached (Adults)]:[Number of Participants Reached (Adults)], ISNUMBER(@cell), [Fiscal Year]:[Fiscal Year], "FY 2021"), SUMIFS([Number of Participants Reached (Students)]:[Number of Participants Reached (Students)], [Number of Participants Reached (Students)]:[Number of Participants Reached (Students)], ISNUMBER(@cell), [Fiscal Year]:[Fiscal Year], "FY 2021"))

Does this get you what you need?

Answers

• Kelly Moore
    Kelly Moore ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hey @ashleeco

Here's an approach using SUMIFS embedded in your Sum function.

=SUM(SUMIFS([Number of Participants Reached (Adults)]:[Number of Participants Reached (Adults)], [Number of Participants Reached (Adults)]:[Number of Participants Reached (Adults)], ISNUMBER(@cell), [Fiscal Year]:[Fiscal Year], "FY 2021"), SUMIFS([Number of Participants Reached (Students)]:[Number of Participants Reached (Students)], [Number of Participants Reached (Students)]:[Number of Participants Reached (Students)], ISNUMBER(@cell), [Fiscal Year]:[Fiscal Year], "FY 2021"))

Does this get you what you need?

• Yes, this is exactly what I needed! You are a genius. Thank you so much! 🎉

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!