Sheet is view only

bacrissman
edited 12/09/19 in Smartsheet Basics

My sheet is view only.

I am not sure how it got in this mode

I don't see a way to get out of mode. 

This is happening on Android phone nothing changed no new phone 

I have a tablet can log in and make changes on the sheet. The tablet isn't in view only.  I am only one on sheet and account.

IMG_20191111_143613.jpg

Comments

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin

Hi,

If you haven't already done so already, please contact Support with the information above, including screen capture, and provide the following as well:

- Sheet Name (or if it's happening for all sheets)

- The change you are trying to make

- If you access the sheet on your tablet via the App or Web Browser

- If the issue persists when you log out / log in

Thanks!

Genevieve 

• Hi I have the same problem. And it’s holding up my work.

i had someone reach out to me via email, but he disappeared after the first mail, probably he got busy

• btinnj
    btinnj ✭✭

I recently upgraded to the Pro plan and now all the people that I shared a sheet with now have view only access even though they are editors. There seems to be no way to fix this.

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin

Hi @btinnj

Sheets owned by Pro Plan users can only be edited by licensed users within that same account. We are working to add messaging that clarifies this restriction in an upcoming release.

Thanks!

Genevieve

• I have the same issue as btinnj. "Upgraded" to the Pro plan yesterday, lost functionality today. Am I understanding correctly that even though we are more engaged (spending more money) with smartsheet, we have lost functionality (sharing with free users) and there is no documentation to communicate this on the smartsheet website?

• btinnj
    btinnj ✭✭

@Genevieve P.

That was not made clear on anything when I upgraded the plan. If it was, I would not have upgraded to this supposedly better plan. Generally when you upgrade with software, you aren't supposed to lose functionality. Total BS.

How do I go back to the previous version?

• ferdy
    ferdy ✭✭

same problem with @btinnj @mattej, no information about this functionality downgrade.

individual license is much better than the pro.

• Sorry I'm a new user with very simple requirements and I'm confused. Could someone clarify, please? If I'd gone for an Individual license rather than Pro, I could give free users access to enable them to edit content, and with Pro I can't? Can't seem to get an answer from support...

• Same issues here, just upgraded to the Pro plan as we need more than 10 sheets. All of a sudden none of our collaborators can edit, even though they are still enabled in the sheet sharing settings. And to twist the knife they've also removed logic from forms! I've spent hours crafting these over time and now all the logic/hidden fields are all in one long-ass form. I've submitted a support request, but just thought others should be aware. There are no heads up about this when you upgrade.

• @Genevieve P. what do we do now if we have Pro? I need to share my sheet with users outside of my organization.

• @Genevieve P. I am having the same problem. Once I upgraded to Pro (because I too needed more sheets) all of the collaborators lost access and have moved to view only. This was not communicated anywhere and causes problems for our work flow. It does not make any sense that we would lose functions with an upgrade. How can this be addressed??

• Laura Bell
    Laura Bell ✭✭✭✭✭

This is an awful upgrade idea.

• I recommended my friend to upgrade to Pro Plan, she purchased it and lost function of free edit collaborators if non-licensed user. Now I have to find her alternative app to use, as she has no intention to buy Business Plan. Disappointed!

• So is this thread no longer active? I didn't see any kind of resolution to the problem. If I understand the last posting from @Genevieve P. before she ran off and hid there is no satisfactory solution, is that correct?

• ddan
    ddan ✭✭

We just upgraded yesterday and the comparison of plans says 10 free collaborators per item. And now nobody can edit besides the 2 licensed users, despite everyone having Edit access.