Search for Items in WorkApps

I have created a WorkApp. Inside that app there is a report with a large list of projects. This is working well, except for the fact that my department employees are unable to quickly find specific projects. Is there no search capability inside of WorkApps? All I seem to be able to do is bring up a Find and Replace menu, but I can't seem to find how to search for and go to a specific project, or to a specific anything.

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Adam Celaya

I hope you're well and safe!

You should be able to search in the Find / Replace window. Doesn't that work?

Pro-tip: Select the column(s) that you want to search to limit the range.

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Yes, that works. Not sure how I missed that. Thank you. Can I ask a follow up? Is there a way to allow people to sort a column within that WorkApps report, so that they can better search and find what they are looking for?

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@Adam Celaya

Excellent!

You're more than welcome!

Easy to miss!

Unfortunately, it's not possible at the moment to sort in WorkApps, but it's an excellent idea!

Please submit an Enhancement Request when you have a moment

Remember! Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• I would like to sort rows from within the workapp in a sheet (grid view). The column menu displays that but it is greyed out. I do not have any filters on. I'm the owner of the workapp and have given myself edit permissions to the sheet inside the workapp (have admin rights to the sheet outside of the workapp, I also own the sheet). Wondering why it is greyed out and if there is anything I can do to be able to sort? It seems that by displaying it as an option (albeit greyed out currently), the implication is the capability exists within the workapp if you have the right settings or permissions. Any ideas? Is sorting columns in a sheet within the workapp possible?