Find out who is using a sheet via the api.....

Does anyone have a solution for finding out who is currently accessing a sheet?

Probably the functionality that displays the coloured user badge within Smartsheet when someone else has accessed the sheet you are viewing.

Thanks

Brian

Best Answer

• Sean Morgan
    Sean Morgan Employee
    Answer ✓

Hello @BKing

SO I've had a look through our documentation, but I don't think we have an accommodating command that would extract the users that have viewed a Sheet.

With this, you may wish to raise an Enhancement Request using the Hamburger Menu (3 vertical lines) in the top left of this page.

It's a great idea and I can definitely see the use case scenario, but for now, I think we may have to resort to the In-Sheet methods.

Regards

Sean

Answers

• Sean Morgan
    Sean Morgan Employee
    edited 09/20/21

Hey @BKing

So you are correct in that the profile bade at the top right of your Sheet would be the best method of identifying who is accessing the Sheet.

Additionally, you can check this within the Activity Log, and furthermore use the "Views" filter to only show entries of people having accessed the Sheet:

Let me know if you have any questions!

Regards

Sean

• BKing
    BKing ✭✭✭

Thanks Sean,

I'm looking to do this through the API. I can't see, or I'm missing, the appropriate method.

Brian

• Sean Morgan
    Sean Morgan Employee
    Answer ✓

Hello @BKing

SO I've had a look through our documentation, but I don't think we have an accommodating command that would extract the users that have viewed a Sheet.

With this, you may wish to raise an Enhancement Request using the Hamburger Menu (3 vertical lines) in the top left of this page.

It's a great idea and I can definitely see the use case scenario, but for now, I think we may have to resort to the In-Sheet methods.

Regards

Sean