Data shuttle & Unchanged Rows

Susan Vieira
Susan Vieira ✭✭✭✭✭
edited 06/14/22 in Add Ons and Integrations

Hello! I am trying to think of a simple way to highlight rows in my target sheet that are no longer in my source sheet. I know I can have them deleted but I am trying to see if there is an option where they stay on target sheet until I delete them myself.

What I have tried so far was to add a column to my source sheet where I would enter date before uploading to Target. Once uploaded, I would then filter out any rows that did not just get added/updated using that column.

While this isn't very complicated or long to do I was wondering if there was an even easier way to accomplish this? I considered the "Record a Date" workflow but cannot think of an appropriate trigger. When I tried it with no specific trigger except When Any Field changes for rows added/changed, it kept adding a date even to the rows I know no longer existed on Source as I was working in it so it was just not a reliable method. My first solution works better.

Any other ideas or should I stick with what I have?

Best Answer

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin
    Answer ✓

Hi @Susan Vieira

I personally can't think of a simpler way to do this - what you've come up with (adding a value in a column to identify if a row was updated during this sync) is actually the best way I can think of to proceed.

I say stick with what you have! And thanks for sharing your solution. 🙂

Cheers,

Genevieve

Answers

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin
    Answer ✓

Hi @Susan Vieira

I personally can't think of a simpler way to do this - what you've come up with (adding a value in a column to identify if a row was updated during this sync) is actually the best way I can think of to proceed.

I say stick with what you have! And thanks for sharing your solution. 🙂

Cheers,

Genevieve

• Joseph Gentile
    Joseph Gentile ✭✭✭✭

Hi @Susan Vieira

Great suggestion! I'm searching for the same solution. You're solution works, so thank you for sharing! I'm submitting a feature request because I would LOVE to see this "checker" built into Data Shuttle.

Inferring the software has the capability to know which rows to update, there should be an internal way to mark rows that are no longer part of the source data.

THEN! If we combine that with a workflow to move un-changed rows to a different sheet, that would be amazing! And we wouldn't have to stress if we deleted a row that contained value. (Like a sheet reference pulling data). 😉

• Susan Vieira
    Susan Vieira ✭✭✭✭✭

@Joseph Gentile Thanks! Same here, I made an enhancement request as well. :)