Not a Question, a statement.

Org Knoetze
Org Knoetze ✭✭
edited 09/21/21 in Smartsheet Basics

I love Smartsheet. No, I really, really love Smartsheet. It made it possible to run large projects spanning multiple sites without me and my team chasing info. I should get the bumper sticker, been looking for it but not in Africa, bummer. Ditched MS Project back in 2012 and never looked back. I believed in the promise of Excel, MS projects and Access built into one app. It made absolute sense and I dived into it with all might. My collogues joked that if Smartsheet was a female I should marry her.

But times change. And I find myself more and more reverting to Excel to get things done. We are after all Excel born. I am, to an extend, just tired of creating helper columns and creative stuff to get, what is straight forward in Excel, to work in Smartsheet. And with the ease of what Microsoft currently offers in SharePoint and various other solutions I am beginning to feel guilty for looking around within my current relationship with Smartsheet.

SO. I hope this reaches someone, perhaps someone that can take it further. Unfortunately, Smartsheet isn't the small company it used to be in 2012 and chances that this message will translate into any change are slim. Focus groups are the in-thing. But hey, shout out to Smartsheet, I don't want to give up our relationship and I understand that its not really Excel. There are lots of apps, getting things done without the need of spreadsheets, but there is and hopefully always remain a bunch of people that enjoy the "challenge" of working within spreadsheets. We absolutely like the idea that we can tailor it to the requirements.

Smartsheet & Co, I am loyal, a bit to the brand, but more so to the solutions you offer and that is after all your birthright. Please get the Excel stuff into Smartsheet.

Comments

• Maxwell Griffith
    Maxwell Griffith Employee Admin

Hi @Org Knoetze,

Thank you so much for your feedback! We absolutely hear you and are sharing this information to our Product Team.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Best,

Maxwell from Smartsheet

• Hi @Org Knoetze,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share such thoughtful feedback. I am interested to learn more about your use case and some of the example scenarios you have that you are finding easier to use excel for. If you are open to it, I would love to chat further. Please look for a PM from me with next steps.

Thanks,

Stephanie

• Hi @Org Knoetze I wanted to circle back here and let you know that I have sent you a personal message to connect further on your post. Would love to capture some specifics about your use case. To view your personal messages, click the mail icon located in the upper right hand corner of your screen. I look forward to connecting!