Database, Infrastructure, Coding

Vineyard
Vineyard
edited 09/23/21 in API & Developers

What database is Smartsheet running on? (SQL serves, MongoDB, Proprietary, etc.)

What cloud infrastructure is Smartsheet using?

What programming languages can I use? (HMTL, JavaScript, CSS, JQuery, SQL expressions, etc) Are there built-in functions as well?

Hope someone can help!

Thanks!

Answers

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin

Hi @Vineyard

Smartsheet has multi-site data redundancy, hosted within AWS facilities. You can learn more about this and contact the Security team at Smartsheet if you have additional questions from the Trust Center, here.

In regards to languages, you can use C#, Java, Node.js, Python, and Ruby with the Smartsheet API. Here's the Smartsheet API 2.0 Documentation, and the Developers Portal.

You can also use the Live Data Connector to connect a SQL Server with Smartsheet. The Smartsheet Live Data Connector is built on ODBC standards and can be installed as a driver in other ODBC environments.

Cheers,

Genevieve

• IPC
    IPC ✭✭✭

Hi @Genevieve P.

Can we do any programming within a Smartsheet template (like a macro in Excel file).

Kind regards,

IPC

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @IPC

I hope you're well and safe!

No, but you could use Workflows, the Smartsheet API, or 3rd-party solutions to maybe do something similar.

Is that an option?

I hope that helps!

Be safe, and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up, Awesome, or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• IPC
    IPC ✭✭✭

Thanks @Andrée Starå for your reply. I will look into it. I am looking at embedding validation and automation.

e.g.

1. Weight column adds up to total of 100%. If an entry would cause it to exceed 100% then the entry on the children will trigger an alert "Weight exceeds 100%"
    2. There are quarterly columns of status (i.e. started, midway, major, complete) but by default is "not started". And when a status in one quarter is updated, the next/succeeding Status columns until the end of that activity automatically updates. (e.g. If i update Q1 to "Started" the next quarters will follow as "started". In Q2 when I update to "Midway" the rest of the quarters will be updated.

Do Smartsheet API come with a cost?

Looking forward to your advise.

kind regards, IPC