Calendar App - usage?

Roxy
Roxy ✭✭
edited 11/11/20 in Smartsheet Basics

My organization is looking to host an organization wide calendar, with sorting, filtering and color-coding features. Would the Calendar app serve that purpose? Can the calendar be linked over/viewable in outlook? Can 2 forms feed into one calendar? Can others view the calendar without logging into smartsheet?

Would love any insight from anyone who is able to use smartsheet or the calendar app for this purpose.

Answers

• Dale Murphy
    Dale Murphy ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Roxy;

I'm an admin that uses SmartSheet and its Calendar app, so I have some insight:

• yes to the first question. I would say that is its strength.
    • not sure what "viewable in Outlook" would look like? Do you mean showing a Calendar as a meeting in the Outlook calendar?
    • to combine data from several sheets (is that what you meant by 2 forms?) I build a report that draws together whatever is needed. Calendar can then draw from that report.
    • yes, there is a Publish option in Calendar that produces a view that does not require login.

Cheers,

Dale

• To continue with Roxy's question - can the Calendar App be published to Outlook Calendar. I know it can be from calendar within the Smartsheet.

Thanks