Loop back to the start of a Bridge Workflow

I am trying to build a help chatbot that our team members can use to quickly find help docs on various topics/processes. For example the chat would look something like this -

If you answer yes I want the chatbot to loop back to the very start and clear any history from the previous questions/answers, and if you answer no the chat would end. However, following some of the help docs on Bridge I cannot figure out how to make this happen.

Here is what the workflow looks like -

Im fairly certain that I do not need the last String Tools: Compose Text as well as the last State: New Topic at the bottom. This is how I was able to get the bot to ask the last "What topic can I assist you with?" in hopes that the users answer would be sent back to the first junction to loop through the workflow again. However it just causes the error shown above. When I didn't have these in the workflow the chatbot would loop through the entire workflow and show the "Here is a link..." message again. I am assuming that I would need to clear the history of the chat memory but am lost on how to do that in Bridge.

Also if anyone has done this before and knows of a better way to setup this kind of workflow I am all ears. I am fairly new to Bridge and have created some smaller workflows but I am still learning this system.

Best Answer

• Garrett Henke
    Garrett Henke ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Have an answer for this.

• I broke the connection between State: New Topic and Junction: Help Topic
    • Deleted the last String Tools: Compose Text as well as the State: New Topic
    • Added Run Child Workflow under the State: Yes module and chose this workflow as the child workflow.

When the user input is "Yes" to the Junction: Complete module the workflow will start over from the beginning. Here is a screenshot of the new workflow

Chatbot in action-

Side Note: I am thinking that instead of creating one large chatbot workflow I can have a main workflow to select the individual topics and then run child workflows for each specific help topic. Then if the user wants to ask another question the Run Child Workflow module will loop back to the main workflow. I haven't tested this yet but it is something that I may try to limit the overall size of a singular workflow. This way new topics can be added/deleted easily with minimal searching. In my head it looks something like this -

Answers

• Garrett Henke
    Garrett Henke ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Have an answer for this.

• I broke the connection between State: New Topic and Junction: Help Topic
    • Deleted the last String Tools: Compose Text as well as the State: New Topic
    • Added Run Child Workflow under the State: Yes module and chose this workflow as the child workflow.

When the user input is "Yes" to the Junction: Complete module the workflow will start over from the beginning. Here is a screenshot of the new workflow

Chatbot in action-

Side Note: I am thinking that instead of creating one large chatbot workflow I can have a main workflow to select the individual topics and then run child workflows for each specific help topic. Then if the user wants to ask another question the Run Child Workflow module will loop back to the main workflow. I haven't tested this yet but it is something that I may try to limit the overall size of a singular workflow. This way new topics can be added/deleted easily with minimal searching. In my head it looks something like this -